Are you prepared for Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event?
While listening to the guys at Gamebreaker talking the upcoming Beta Weekend, with focus on PvP. I tossed together a little guide for preparing for the weekend. Now, comes the question, are you actually prepared?
I know that I am not, and mainly I’m laughing it off. Honestly I’m not even sure if my computer will handle the game, but it will be a very interesting weekend! Non the less…
If my computer decides to fail, there is the option to turn to streams. People will be live streaming the beta event, and I have a feeling they won’t really be quiet. Guild Wars 2 Live has prepared for 60 hours of streaming goodness! You will want to be there if you’re not in the game but interested in it.
Make sure you’ve installed your client, try to log in and you’ll see that your account is set but there isn’t any beta event currently active, so you can’t actually log in. This was a great thing to find out that everything works as it should.
In my previous post, I had 5 points that I shared with you to survive the weekend. Let me check if I’ve got everything prepared:
- What do I want to do this weekend? I want to play with my guild mates from Guild Wars, we’ve already prepared on and decided that we’ll be playing on Augury Rock. Yes!
However I have not decided which race or profession to play, but I believe I’ll know when I log in. It’s likely to be Necro or Elementalist.
- Caffeine and Snacks! I have snacks, loads of it. And I’ll likely be finding me some caffeine tomorrow, but which type? Energy drinks? Just plain coke? Coffee? That far I’ve not gotten yet. Might also try and prepare something easy made food wise.
- Take Breaks during the weekend. Do I have to?! But I don’t want to. When thinking about it right now, I know I will not want to take a break while I’m playing, while the sensible part of me knows that… fresh air is said to be good. We’ll see how it goes.
- Prepare for the new experience and awesomeness. Considering how long we’ve been hyping this, how much I’ve been talking to IRL friends and new online friends within the GW/GW2 community, I’m set, ready and gone!
- Socializing deluxe with dynamic events and so forth. Partly prepared with Guild, hoping to see some other awesome Europeans that I already know, or know of showing up on the same server as me (Augury Rock!). I’m so looking forward trying out the dynamic events!
Have a great weekend, and expect various updates from me, either here on the blog or on Twitter.