Survival Checklist for the Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event.
The Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event 1 is upcoming next weekend, 27-29th of April. The community is excited! It’s available for all who’ve pre-purchased the game. It will be a fabulous and exciting weekend. Personally I got my copy earlier today, before the Beta weekend was announced, great timing. Now for the good stuff. I thought I’d provide you with a checklist to survive the weekend.
If you want to know what to do during the weekend, check out this guide by Ravious.
- First you want to prepare for what you want to be doing during this weekend. Focus on PvP or PvE? What profession and race do you want to play? Do you want to play the personal story, tag tail some people? Maybe find some new people to befriend even before the Beta Event, to play with?
- Stack up on caffeine and snacks! Choose your poison. I recommend having a few bottles of water as well. Gamers might not be known for being healthy but choosing some of the healthier alternatives might actually improve your experience this weekend.
- Remember to take a few breaks during the weekend. Even if you would love to play the entire weekend it might not be healthy for you, and could possibly lessen your experience. When you get too tired and haven’t gotten any fresh air for a while you will not experience it in the same way as a fresh mind would. At least crack a window, okay?
- Expect a completely new experience from anything you’ve ever played before! We already know Guild Wars 2 will be new and just amazing. You can prepare for this by watching YouTube videos, or reading if that’s your cup of tea. If this is the first you’ve heard of Guild Wars 2, check this video out of why you should be interested.
- Prepare for social experience from hour 1. With the previously mentioned new experience that this game will bring comes a new type of MMO. This time you’ll be working together with other people constantly and not fighting each other for mobs or loot. All kills count towards your common goal, and you have your own loot table. You might just end up with having made a bunch of new friends.
Also remember: This is Beta, and you can expect bugs to attack you. Make sure to report your experience to the team (Either in game, or via beta forums for the weekend) so they can work out the kinks, after all that’s what we’re here for.
You can expect me to return with more Guild Wars 2 content here on the blog in the coming weeks and hopefully years.