Get Terraria 1.1.2 on OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Guide for OS X 10.6 and Terraria 1.1.2
Long story short, I’ve been watching a lot of videos of Terraria (with #TotalCox) and been wanting to play it for the past couple of weeks as I’ve been getting back to gaming. Tonight I got the opportunity together with a girl friend of mine. She had uploaded Terraria on YouTube as well and I wanted in.
I run OS X at the moment and since I haven’t been playing a lot of games until recently it hasn’t been an issue.
On Steam the game is Win only, but I run Steam via Crossover Games from Codeweavers. I was convinced it would work. It didn’t. You are likely here reading this because you’ve encountered it yourself. With help of some googling I got the problem solved quite easily.
Guide in 5 steps:
Via this YouTube video (watch it if you need a guide to what you need to do):
1. Follow this link for download.
2. Go here to download Mono, which you’ll need to run the program.
3. Install Mono. (Simple normal .dmg file works quickest)
4. Unzip MacTerraria112byGAmesforyourmac.zip (long name I know!)
5. Now open Macterraria from the first download, and you’re done!
Note, this way seems to circumvent buying the game, but I did buy it off Steam first, and I think you should too. It’s only €10. Get it here.
If you’re curious about what it is, check out the official video below: